Bedale Town Council employs a Clerk and an Assistant Clerk.
The Role of Clerk and Assistant Clerk
The Clerk and Assistant Clerk provide independent, objective information and advice on policies, procedures, legal and ethical points, working with the Chair of the Council (Mayor) to ensure the council makes lawful decisions and that meetings are effective.
The Clerk also provides administrative and management support to the full council and its committees, acts as its Responsible Financial Officer, implements council decisions, and is the custodian of parish records not deposited elsewhere.
The role includes:
- ensuring that the council conducts its business lawfully
- administering all the council's paperwork
- preparing meeting papers and ensuring councillors and the public are aware of meetings
- implementing council decisions and policies
- overseeing the implementation of projects
- supervising staff and contractors engaged by the council
- keeping property registers and other legal documents
- keeping up to date with legal and best practice issues in council management by undertaking training and qualifications
Town Clerk: Nick Reed
Assistant Clerk: Judith Cockburn
For information about the Council's budget, Financial practice and Audit trail please click here: Finance & Audit
To view a list of the Council's governing documents please click here: Council Documents
To contact the Council to log a complaint please click here: Complaints