Bedale Town Council employs a Clerk and an Assistant to the Clerk. The Clerk is the Responsible Officer of the Council and the Responsible Financial Officer.
The Clerk’s job is to ensure that the Council as a whole conducts its business properly and is to provide independent, objective and professional advice and support.
The role includes:
- ensuring that the council conducts its business lawfully
- administering all the council's paperwork
- ensuring that meeting papers are properly prepared and the public is aware of meeting times
- implementing the council's decisions
- overseeing the implementation of projects
- supervising Council staff
- keeping property registers and other legal documents
- keeping themselves up to date by undertaking training & qualifications
Town Clerk: Charlie Hart Assistant to the Clerk: Judith Cockburn